Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Yummm

I just finished a wonderful meal with my friend Lil, whom I haven't really been able to catch up with for a while due to conflicting schedules and the consuming of my life by my new job. We grilled up some awesome hamburgers and roasted some fresh sweet corn. It was by far the best homemade dinner that I've had in a while.
Now, I'm not really a sweet corn eater by nature. My mother, on the other hand, can sit and eat a whole dozen by herself. I'll usually just grab one ear and simply nibble at it until it looks like I've done some damage to it, and toss it out. Not to mention the fact that it, like dairy, does a number to my digestive tract. Well folks, that corn we had tonight was so freaking great that I ate 2 whole ears! It had the most perfect balance of crispness and sweetness that from that first initial bite I was hooked. It was by far the best corn on the cob I've ever eaten. Thank you Wallkill View Farm Market!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, first veal and now this. Pretty soon you'll be ready to eat Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Sheila said...

Um... No thanks with the Rocky Mountain Oysters. I know that they are your favorite... :)