Thursday, April 13, 2006

Oops.

Last night, Gilday and I decided to have pizza for dinner. I called our local pizza place and ordered a nice pie, with half green peppers. Yum. We could hardly contain ourselves during the 20 minute wait for it to be ready.

After waiting patiently, I ran out to pick it up (while Gilday got to sit comfortably in the living room watching our newest silly TV addiction "Deal - or - No Deal"). Nice, no line at the pizza place and i'm out the door with a piping hot cheesy taste sensation.

I pull into the driveway, pop out of the pathfinder, and open the passenger side door. What happens next, well, is just sad.

I open the door, go in and reach for the pizza. Somehow the box goes crooked, and the pizza... yes... the pizza, slides out of the box... and ends up.... yes.... on the pavement of our driveway. I still have the box in my hands. The pie, in all its former glory, was a steaming pile of dough, sauce, cheese & the stray green pepper with a side of asphalt. In the moments that passed, I hastely shoved the pizza in the box and brought it inside. I set it on the stove and Gilday comes running in to grab himself a slice of heaven. He opens the box, and well... you can only imagine the look on his face.

Was the box defective? Was it user error? I can't say. It happened so fast....

Yeah. It was for sucks.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Wait, wait. The peppers were half green?