Thursday, August 23, 2007

Pink

With all this talk of hair, I’ve managed to snag an appointment tonight with Brian, our hair stylist who has a habit of dressing up like Bette Midler on occasion. I was planning on getting highlights and a cut, pretty basic stuff. But now....I want to let you in on a secret. I’m toying with the idea of getting a streak of dark red or pink as well. Or, maybe pink and blonde highlights…

No, I’m not going through a crisis now that I’ve turned 29. I’ve just had this feeling that now is the time to let loose. My current employer is allowing me to be a bit more creative in my conservative environment, and I’m facing artistic challenges and stretching my imagination with my art classes. The creativity is flowing and, yes, I'm even going to start yoga classes.

Why not? I live outside of New Paltz, which is known for its eccentricities. I’m young enough to pull it off, but in the next few years, I won’t be able to do it again until I’m in my 80’s. I’ve also allocated funds for the highlighting, so I don’t think there will be a drastic cost increase with the switch to pink coloring.

Yeah, I’ll chicken out.

Afterwards, Gilday is taking me out to dinner for my birthday! I'm trying to decide between 1/2 price strawberry margaritas or a melt in your mouth steak. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: