Friday, September 14, 2007

Chili Cook-off

Today my office is having a Chili cook-off to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Last year they sold crispy crèmes in the main lobby, which I think is a bit absurd. Whoever thought it would be a great idea to sell donuts that taste like pure sugar to benefit children who can’t eat them. Nuts.

We have about 8 people including me who are participating in the cook off. Mine is the only vegetarian chili, so the odds of me winning “best vegetarian chili” are pretty high, if there is that category. I over-heard someone in the lounge this morning that was looking at my expertly designed label and preppy stainless crock pot say that there should be no such thing as a chili without meat. I'm so confident that I know that one taste of my veggie perfection will turn that carnivore around.

One of the guys that is going to be a judge thinks it pretty funny that I even entered. He knows of my odd eating habits and lack of love for peppers, onions and mixed foods like ziti, potato salad and of course, chili. He told me that there is no way that I’ll know what a good chili is if I've never had it, and won't eat it. But, he doesn’t know my secret ingredient. I was going to avoid the corniness but I just cant help it. I'm a sucker. My secret ingredient is love.

I'll keep you posted as to my impending win. Yee-ha!

--------------------------------------------------------
4:25 9/14/07

It's official.
No. I didn't win 1st place but... I did win "Hottest Chili"! How awesome is that!

No comments: