Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's confirmed. I'm a nerd.

I have a new love. My new love is absolutely the most awesomest thing I have the opportunity to work with on a daily basis. No, it’s not the coveted SLR (I’ll get you one day my pretty).

My new love is this. Yeah, it’s just a scanner, you say. But no! This puppy has a dual lens system that can scan all types of negatives (color, B&W, different formats) in seconds as well as traditional scanning. When it was installed onto my system I did a test scan with a $10 bill (happened to have it on my desk) to see how it worked and I got a warning telling me it was illegal to scan the currency and it couldn’t go any further! How crazy is that? It knew I was scanning money. That’s nuts. But, not only is my new love intelligent, but it also separates frames from a strip of film it scans into individual image files when importing into photoshop. There is no need to crop out each frame from one long strip of images. Such a time saver! I can spend more time blogging and less time scanning and editing!

Apart from sounding like a commercial, I just can’t say enough great things about it.

Yeah. I’m a nerd.

No comments: