Monday, January 14, 2008

Alcatraz, here I come

As for the post yesterday, I think I forgot to mention that I’ve officially switched colleges. After a rigorous and competitive entrance process, I was accepted in December into the Masters program at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. I’ll be doing it all online like I did with the previous institution but this time around I’ll actually be learning something. Imagine that!

I’m very excited to be starting there in a few weeks. But first, I need to declare a masters discipline. I’ve narrowed my choices down to:
Computer Arts & New Media- It’s an intermingling of disciplines including print, web, animation & photography, which I already do now so I think I need something more targeted.

Graphic Design - my BFA is actually in Painting & Illustration so it would be nice to see an actual design degree on my CV to prove that I know what I’m doing.

Fine Arts- which would be fun but I need to pay the bills somehow and being a painter or illustrator is tough. (But I doubt that a certain someone in LA wouldn’t mind selling my work out there. Something tells me though that her husband would go into debt because she’d want to buy them all! )

Photography. My newest passion! Would it be sustaining enough for a career or just a hobby? It could help me achieve my ultimate job of traveling the world and making lists. Oh how happy I would be..

I'm meeting with my advisor tonight (via teleconference) to get some advice. Decisions… decisions…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have many walls that are very jealous of the one with your painting. I think in fairness they each need to be adorned with your amazing artwork.

Sheila said...

I know what to do for your birthday now! :)