Monday, September 14, 2009

Influences, good and bad

I'm currently looking for a new handbag/shoulder bag/purse. I think it might be time for me to actually get something nice and perhaps even trendy. Yeah. I said it. The minimalist girl you once knew is looking at Coach madison cross bodies, Burberry shoulder bags, cute kate spade and even... seriously, even Fendi. I have no idea what has gotten into me. Or maybe I do.

It may have something to do with the fact that my favorite home design magazine Domino went out of business, and my subscription was replaced by Conde Nast to Lucky and Glamour. They couldn't replace it with Architectural Digest, Wired or the New Yorker. I kid you not. And you know what, this once low maintenance girl is actually reading them! I'm actually enjoying being bombarded with full page glossy ads for Chanel, D&G and Prada. I'm absorbing that when someone talks about debeers, there not talking about an assortment of hoppy beverages in the fridge. I'm paying more attention to the shoes people wear and how my Birkenstocks, while super comfy, are not really a suitable work shoe.

The world is coming to an end. Next thing you know I'm going to trade in my Pathfinder for a pimped out Honda Accord.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Sheila... Purse shopping for Fendi and Coach!! I love it! I have a Gucci!

James Dziezynski said...

Even the "mountain chicks" out here like to be girly once in a while, I say go for it! Though be warned, most guys such as myself can't tell the difference between a Fendi and a Price Chopper grocery bag so... um... don't buy a matching one for the hubby :)

Mel said...

Wow, this is really alarming. Try not to change too much.