Tuesday, May 31, 2005

tripped

Being that the post office has "bankers hours" and I design for a "financial institution" I can never get to the office part of the post office. So, with special permission from Boss, I was very excited today because I get to leave a teency bit early from work to pick up our mail at the Post Office. I had them hold it for us while we were on vacation. I pick up our mail at 4:55, and bring it home in happiness. Little did I know that my happiness would end...

I run upstairs to change my clothes because we were planning on having a meal out with friends, and I decide to keep my nice dress socks on. Everyone knows that the nature of dress socks are that they almost have a nylon feel, and tend to have little to no traction. Well, i discoved the no traction part this evening.

I was walking down the stairs to grab the ringing phone and it happened. I slipped on the third step from the top and basically slid down the rest of the way. Approximately 10 steps. Yup. And when I finally came to a rest at the bottom of the stairs, Finnegan thought I was playing some sort of game with him. He ran outside and grabbed one of his squeeky balls and dropped it at my feet.

I somehow managed to not hurt myself too terribly, but I can see the bruise starting to form on my right forearm and my back is starting to hurt a tad. This was one of the days that I was thankful to have a well cushioned behind, because if not, theres no telling what could have happened.

Oh, and just incase you were thinking it, I was completely sober.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Lush.

Uh I mean, hope you're ok.

Sheila said...

I'm pretty much OK, but the bruises are starting to tell another story.