Friday, November 03, 2006

Cookies

I’m feeling very confused lately. Life and death and everything in between have been tossed up in the air and I’m waiting for everything to fall into place. I’m sure that everyone feels that way once in a while.

I really don’t have much to complain about. I live a good life. I’m married to my best friend. I have a roof over my head and food in the fridge. I’ve had opportunities to travel to foreign (and not so foreign) lands. I feel privileged to know all the people who have come and unfortunately gone out of my life.

But, I guess I’m starting to really think about things that have happened to us this past year and a half. Not many people have experienced what we have in such a short period of time. The unexpected sadness followed a while later by extreme happiness, which was cut much too short by another extreme sadness.

How do you sort through all those emotions? How do you file everything away into separate folders when everything combines into the other?

I don’t know the answers. But, I’ll try to be more patient.

No comments: