Friday, November 23, 2007

Foto Friday

No photos, just photo talk.

I'm at an impass. In my D-SLR research I've narrowed my options to an Olympus E-3, Nikon D40, the Pentax K10D and finally the Canon 40D or Canon Rebel XTi

The Olympus, Canon 40D and the Pentax are all weather resistant, which is plus in my book, and all shoot at 10 megapixel. BUT, they are more expensive than the rest. Olympus has less variety of lenses whereas Canon has more with higher adaptability. The Nikon is rated highest in consumer reports. The Olympus and the Canon 40D have live view LCD screens which can be good and bad. The Rebel is super user friendly and a great intro SLR.

I'm just annoyed that I went into this pro olympus, but now I'm thinking about the long run. I think the Canon is my best bet, but the 40D is way past my price bracket.

Grr.. I think I'll just stick with my trusty guy for the time being. He hasn't let me down yet, and he takes amazing photos. I need to get a bit better before I sink that extra cash down on something. I have a problem that I need to come to terms with. My wants are bigger than my pocketbook. ;)

I'm going to break out the Minolta SLR this weekend and take some photos with traditional film. I think it will be fun and get my swing back in the manual modes again. I think its a good compromise.

No comments: