Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Gym

Today was my first day trying out a gym near my job. I'm doing a 7 day free trail with a friend who already has a membership. I decided to do a yoga/tai chi/pilates class called Body Flow for my first experience.

I really enjoyed the class, except for the moment when I stretched out my leg and knocked into my Nalgene. It was full. It wasn't screwed shut. I didn't have a plastic drink thingy in it to stop the water from pouring out of the wide mouth opening. When i reached over to pick it up, there was about a swallow left of a water in it. So, i had to scramble to clean up the water, which had leaked to the mat of the guy next to me and out to the wall near the entrance to the room. I tried to be quiet so that I didn't ruin everyone else's Chi. I guess I wasn't quite enough for this one old bat in the class, because she kept giving me the dirtiest looks. Oh well.

The instructor was cool about it though. She kept the classes attention to the front and didn't react at all to my extra stimulation. After I cleaned up the most of it and went back to the yoga, she made eye contact with me and gave me a smile and a little chuckle. It made my first experience complete.

Overall it was a great experience. My body is a bit sore already from the stretches. But the mellowness is oozing out of my fingers. I like it!

Gotta love it!

No comments: