Wednesday, December 19, 2007

All natural paper shredder

I have a small open filing drawer in our office that is on the floor next to our desk. Nothing crazy, but a place to keep files on my truck, the dogs vaccinations and all my school paperwork. Well, the other day I was in the office getting some supplies out of my "art trunk" and I noticed a piece of paper from my 2004 taxes on the floor. I thought nothing of it, just that maybe Gilday had to check something and it fell off the desk. I filed it and went on my merry way.

Tonight, Gilday went into the office and closes the door (to open some boxes from Amazon away from peeking eyes) and I hear "Sheila, why are your UCCC transcripts on the floor? It looks like they have been nibbled on". After getting the all clear to go into the office, I looked at the filing drawer and the folder labeled TRANSCRIPTS was pushed open. On the floor was an old schedule that I had made for my first semester of SUNY Albany that I had kept for kicks.

Now, those of you that know Finnegan, he has a love of tissues. Recently, his love of tissues has evolved to all sorts of paper products. Napkins? yup. Rolls of toilet paper that he steals from the back of the toilet if the bathroom door isn't closed? Double yup. Dryer sheets? triple yup. It seems that now he has evolved eating any sort of paper that he can get his paws on and my little filing drawer was an all you can eat buffet to him. I bet he'd pop into the office for a lite snack of car repair receipts in the morning and then an afternoon treat himself to some bank statements.

Well, at least I know that identity thieves aren't going to look through mounds of poo to get to the information he managed to eat. Anyone need anything shredded?

No comments: