Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What a way to start off the year

Tonight I throw myself at the mercy of the courts in battling my Mobile Phone ticket. I need to be there at 6:00 and hopefully I can get out of there with some money left in my wallet. I'm hoping that the cop doesn't show up and it gets tossed out, or I just have to pay the court fees. From my research on the internerd, I found that in NYS, a manditory court fee is charged with an additional maximum fine of $100. So, I'm not getting out of there without giving them something...

My boss wrote me a very nice note (and even had it notarized) for added sympathy. But, I'm a bit warry of using it. I think they might think its too campy and add annoyance.

I am curious however if the guy that Gilday and I called the cops on Christmas Night for "suspicious driving" will be there....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Let us know what happens.