Friday, August 10, 2007

Lists

I’m a list person. Whenever we leave on a trip, I’ll always have a list of things to do and get and will diligently cross things off once they’ve been completed. I’ll even write things on the list that I’ve already done, just so I can cross it off. I do this at work as well, but in a high tech spreadsheet version. Each project is color coded by priority, and I leave the things I’ve done on my list (coded in purple) for about a week so I can see what I’ve accomplished. It’s a very Type A thing to do, and you wouldn’t think that I would ever be the sort of person that writes them. But I do. And I like it.

I have all sorts of lists. Some of the lists I have are simple, like blog topics, ideas for paintings, and movies I want to see. And, I’ll never go shopping for groceries without one. Most recently I’ve started a list of places I’d like to visit. This one, I think, is my most interesting (and expensive to achieve) list. Here is my top ten (so far anyway)
  1. Fiji – I want to stay in a little bungalow over the water and watch the fish swim under us. Even better, stay here.
  2. A Mediterranean cruise- Get Italy and Greece out of the way in one trip, visit Sicily (Dad’s heritage), Venice before it goes underwater, and the Parthenon before it gets destroyed by acid rain.
  3. The Galapagos Islands – who wouldn’t want to hang out with big turtles?
  4. Ireland & England again- Can't get enough of London, and we need to see the cliffs of Mohr and Giant’s causeway in Ireland
  5. Costa Rica – Rain forests!
  6. Alaska & British Columbia – Glaciers! Kayaking w/Orcas!
  7. New Zealand & Australia – I’ll fit right in.
  8. Grand Canyon - by rafting the Colorado River
  9. Riviera Maya – Ancient Mayan ruins! Rainforests!
  10. Seattle.

I have a ton more of ideas and crazy places I’d like to go and see, but the ones listed are those that really get me salivating and craving adventure.

I wonder if there is a job I could do that would let me travel to all of these places, and make lists? Oh.... the idea!

No comments: